Dr. Yogesh Sumthane, (M.Sc., Ph.D., M.B.A.), Bamboo Research & Training Centre, Chandrapur, Mob. +91 88062 17979
Trees provide social, communal, environmental, and economic benefits.
Trees provide benefits that promote health, social well-being and oven help your home. Trees serve many purposes in your local community and throughout the entire world.
Social Benefits :
- Trees provide beauty and help people feel serve, peaceful, restful, and tranquil.
- Tress significantly reduces workplace stress and fatigue and decreases recovery time after medical procedures.
Economic Benefits :
- The property value of landscaped homes is 5 to 20 % higher than non- landscaped homes.
- Individual tress hare value is affected by the size, condition, and function. In general, the larger the tree, the greater the value.
- Air conditioning costs are lower in a tree-shaded home, and heating costs are reduced when a home has a windbreak.
- Well-maintained trees can above value to a home.
Communal Benefits :
- City trees often serve architectural and engineering functions by providing privacy, emphasizing views, or obstructing objectionable views.
- Trees may reduce reflection or direct pedestrian traffic.
- Tress may soften, complement or enhance architecture.
- Trees bring natural elements and wildlife habits into urban surroundings all of which increase the quality of life for residents in the community.
Tress Require an Investment :
Trees provide numerous aesthetic and economic benefits but can hare costs. The costs associated with large tree removal and replanting with a smaller tree can be significant. In addition, the economic and environmental benefits. Produced by a young replacement tree is minimal when compared to those of a mature specimen.
Extending the functional life span of large mature trees with routine maintenance can delay these expenses and maximum returns.
Environmental Benefits :
- Leaves filter the air I breathe by remaining dust and other particles, absorbing carbon dioxide and various air pollutants such as ozone, carbon monoxide, and sulfur dioxide, and release oxygen.
- Deciduous shade trees cool homes in the summer and allow the winter sun to heat homes when they lose their leaves.
- Trees help cool the environment working as a simple and effective way to reduce urban heat islands.
- Trees can serve as windbreaks. The more compact the foliage on the group of trees the more effective the windbreak.
- Trees intercept water, store some of it and reduce storm water runoff.
*** Please Like, Comments & share ***